So I cooked and baked ALL weekend and it was awesome.
Friday we made Samosa's! We usually get these down at the market but they're deep fried and very large. The ones we made weren't AS good. But they were REALLY yummy. I was impressed.
We made about 35-ish and they are 1 point each. We only cooked 10 or so, but put the rest in baggies in groups of 8. Cooked another baggy the next day and they turned out perfect. So I have another 3 baggies of samosa's ready to cook then I'm ready. They were prefect, I was really impressed.
Next we made taco salada. Toasted a large (3 pts) tortilla in the oven to make a bowl then filled with all different types of lettuce then topped with grilled chicken (2 pts) then salsa and fat free sour cream(1 pts) = 6 pts. It was delicious!!!!
Next came Strawberry Tartlets! It was supposed to be Rubharb and Strawberry but I don't like Rubharb or I replaced it with Raspberries. THEY WERE SOOOOO Good. John was like 'THESE ARE AMAZING!!!' In the cookbook they used sugar (1/3 cup=5 pts) while I used Splenda so I'm pretty sure they points value per tartlet was 2 instead of 3. It make 4. So it was a few mouthfuls of desert but it was SOOOOO good. I LOVED IT! Even made a cream cheese icing for the top, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 tsp splenda and vanilla. It was perfect. It was a best desert I had every made. I couldn't believe it.
Last night for dinner we made Jerk Chicken (Jamacian style chicken), meh, it smelled good but it was really salty and we weren't really impressed. It was eatable, but not really great. Probably wouldn't make it again.
We also made instant pudding (not very hard) but I'm usually too lazy. And a taco dip, just fat free sour cream and salsa with baked scoops.
With my new scale it was nice knowing excatly how many chips I ate. Usually I just guessed. I started out with 4 oz then I didn't eat then all and put back one oz. So I only have 3 oz of chips and it was like 4 pts. So I was impressed.
So it was a GOOD weekend. I worked on and off throughout the weekend, I have telephone interviews to do, I get MAD money, $20 an interview and they only take like 10 mins so I'm making around $120/hour. John has been helping out making dinner while I make my phone calls. He cleans up after dinner too. He goes for walks with me too and never complains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Your meals sound GOOD..
What kinda job is this.. hah I want to make 120.00 an hour!!!
Post a Comment